Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Count Your Blessings!!!

It was a lazy Sunday morning. I had decided to relax since I had had a hectic weekend.
But that was not to happen….My maid did not turn up…..No amount of coaxing her can motivate her enough to inform me about her absence in advance. I usually empathize with the maids. I always feel that emergencies may confront them just as they could to anyone else. But my maid never informs….even if it is a pre-planned leave…it is always made out to be an emergency by spinning a convincing story. I was ANGRY!!! My plans went phut..I wanted to chill and here I was without a maid and soiled utensils waiting to be washed!
I had no choice so I stomped into the kitchen and decided to start with washing.…I was still angry so the utensils were thrown and they clanked and cluttered. As I was performing my task, I started thinking….A few thoughts that came to my mind……
Thank GOD it is a Sunday so I’m at home. What if I had to come back from work and do this?
Thank GOD I have free flowing water in my tap. What if I had to wash with water filled in buckets?
Thank GOD I don’t have to do this on every Sunday.
Thank GOD I do not have guests today.
Thank GOD I am physically fit to perform the tasks

And I could have gone on and on counting my blessings…..Suddenly the frown disappeared and I was smiling and humming away a popular song and actually enjoying the task. I completed all the remaining jobs with a positive frame of mind.
The outcome of this was ...The job was done much better than what the maid would have done.

No comments: